Tuesday, January 5, 2016

This blog has now been silent for a year. The reason is bad for all of us: Our sister Roswitha ("rfm") died on May 2nd, 2015 from a quickly developing cancer in her spine and, then, her brain.

I will leave her blog online so that all who took interest in her crochet work can look at it and see what was one of her favorite hobbies - but, in my humble opinion as a complete layman, obviously more than a simple hobby.

Much more could be told about her - maybe, one day, I find time, to tell stories and interests and achievements connected to her, because I think that we all live on in what is told by others.

Harald, from Bavaria

7 comments:

  1. So sorry for your loss but thank you for providing a wonderful legacy for your sister - I am new to crochet and just found her designs on Ravelry today - it will be an honour to make some of them for my grandchildren - hopefully this will give you some comfort that her designs will live on and give plenty of smiles to others.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jayne - thank you for your kind words ... and it would be really great if you could create one or two of Roswitha's designs! - but even that you (and others) look at her work and consider this is something we are thankful for!
      Harald

      Delete
  2. Sorry for your loss, but thank you for keeping Roswitha's patterns alive. Can anyone help me with the "Cat sitting" pattern please? Row 8 on the Hind Legs section. "5 tog". 5 what, I wonder. Can anyone help me? Many thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have just found your lovely page. I am so saddened to learn that your sister passed. This advent is truly beautiful and your thoughtfulness in sharing it touches my heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your nice words! - it is a way to remember ...
      Harald

      Delete
  4. I came back to Roswitha's page and am so appreciative of her gift in making this beautiful Advent calendar. Though I never had a chance to thank her, her creative work is aporeciated and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for looking at Roswitha's page again ... we have her creations around here; but no new ones will come ...

      All the best!
      Harald

      Delete